Granton Campus hit by food scare
Tuna sandwiches may be the cause of an outbreak of illness at Granton Campus – the former Telford College – yesterday afternoon. Seven students and staff were taken to hospital suffering from an allergic reaction which is being linked to tuna.
Head of Communications at the college Moira Findlay said “An isolated incident occurred this afternoon at Granton Campus of Edinburgh College, where a small number of students and staff suffered an allergic reaction.
The incident is currently under investigation, but it is believed that this may be linked to a batch of tuna sandwiches.
An ambulance team from Scottish Ambulance Service attended to a small number of patients on site, who responded well to treatment. Almost all have been admitted to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, for observation.”